From a couple of months, the Sony company finally announced its application for computers. This is to use our PS4 remotely, which means that we can play in a more comfortable way from our Mac, either from the bed or on the sofa. For that reason, we will help you connect a PS4 to the Macbook in the simplest way possible.
Learn how to connect a PS4 to the Mac
The novelty released by the Japanese company is called Remote Play, which in turn has been the update number 3.50. Of course, to enjoy it we have to meet some requirements and settle for a resolution of 720p maximum at 60 fps, which although not bad, may be better. In addition, in case you ask, the console must be always connected to the same network and we advise that it is by cable preferably.
Remote Play Requirements to Connect on Mac
Just to point out, we start with the simple indications that are necessary so that you can connect a PS4 to the Mac to enjoy remote play:
- First, your Mac computer must have an Intel Core i5-520M 2.40 GHz processor. In addition, it should have 2 GB RAM and an available storage of more than 40 MB.
- Have the operating system OS X Yosemite or have the Captain.
- Have a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller. The device must be connected to the Mac computer via USB.
- An account on Sony Entertainment Network.
- And finally, have a good Internet connection.
Now let’s connect the PS4 to the MacBook or iMac
Setting up a PS4 to a Mac is fairly straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- The first thing you should do is download and install the “Remote Play” app on your Mac computer.
- After having done the previous step, you must activate the use at a distance from your PS4; you can do in the “Settings” option.
- Then, select the tab called “Remote Connection Settings”; you will have several options, but you must press it that says “Activate the use from a distance”.
- Then you must activate the main PS4 system by going back to the “Settings” option.
- Find the ” PlayStation Network / Account Management ” tab and click on it.
- Next, several options will appear and you will select the one named “Activate as your main PS4”.
- To continue, it is important that you allow remote use when the PS4 is in sleep mode, so you should also go to the “Settings” option.
- Then, select the option “Energy saving settings”; in turn, press “Set available functions in idle mode”.
- Finally, make sure that the “Keep Connected to the Internet” and “Enable PS4 from the network” checkbox is active.
Install the Command to Start Playing PS4 Remotely On Mac
After you have done all the steps mentioned above, you must connect the knob so that you can start playing. To accomplish this, you will need to do the following:
- First, turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Then, connect the remote to your computer via a USB cable.
- And finally, press the “PS4 Remote Play” option on your computer and select “Start”.
Following these simple indications, you can enjoy the connection offered by the PlayStation console and your Mac. Do you see that it is not difficult? If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments section. We wait for you. Keep enjoying PS4 on MacBook Remotely!!!