Apple has never allowed any app in the App Store to allow to record iPad or iPhone’s screen, but with the arrival of iOS 11 have decided to incorporate this feature into the operating system itself. I am talking about the possibility of a video recording of the screen of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the device itself, without having to connect it to a computer or similar.
This new option comes in the form of a new icon inside the Control Center, a place that may have made many people not aware of their arrival to the devices, but very comfortable when starting new screen recordings on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
So if there is happening any interesting thing on the screen of your iPhone or iPad etc and you want to record it then this tutorial on how to record the iPhone or iPad video display.
Record Button in Control Center to Capture iPhone, iPad Screen
The first thing we need to do to be able to use this new feature of iOS is to make the record button display in the Control Center. To do this, the steps to follow are:
- Go to Settings – Control Center – Customize controls. If Screen Recording appears in the Include area you should not do anything, otherwise, do as indicated in point 2.
- Activate the Screen Recording option by touching the green icon with the + symbol.
Start to Record Your iPad or iPhone’s Screen on iOS 11
Once the device is configured to display the screen recording button in the Control Center,
we can make use of the feature.
To start a recording you must:
- Swipe your finger up and down the screen to deploy the Control Center.
- Tap on the screen recording icon (it is an icon with a circle surrounded by another).
- A countdown will begin, once it reaches 0 the recording will start automatically.
From now on, and until you pause the recording, everything you do with your iDevice will be recorded and saved a video that you can see inside the Photos app.
Stop video recording of the screen
When the recording is in progress you will see that the status bar (where the clock, cover indicator, etc.) of the device appears in red. To stop recording there are three different options:
- Touch the red status bar and confirm the completion of the recording in the window that is displayed.
- Show the Control Center again and touch the screen recording button.
- Lock the device.
After the recording, the iPhone or iPad will tell you that you can already see the video of the recording within the Photos app of the device itself.
Is this tutorial to record or capture the screen of iPhone or iPad without the computer is easy? Share your thoughts and experience with us below in comments section.